Strategic Intelligence Partnership Projects (SIPP)
Contact us at:
Allows Intelligence Community partnerships that require special access and classification considerations to conduct the work.
- SPPs and SIPPs are a vehicle to engage with the NNSS to perform a defined scope of work or tasks on a full-cost recovery basis. By law, NNSS must not compete with private industry; therefore, any work must draw upon the unique facilities, equipment, or personnel intrinsic to the NNSS.
- The rights to inventions and data that arise under such a contract (subject inventions) may vest in the sponsor if the sponsor is a U.S. entity and pays for the work with private funds; however, if the sponsor is subcontracting federal funds to the NNSS or if the sponsor is a non-U.S. entity, then the rights of subject inventions will typically vest with NNSS. The government will retain a license for all subject inventions for use by or on behalf of the government.
- The U.S. Department of Energy requires either 1) advance payment of the entire amount of funding or 2) a pay plan that requires the first payment to include a 60-day (at minimum) reserve of expected cost and in some instances funding for the first 30 days of work.
- Participant pays full cost
- Typical Uses
- To test and validate products and for modeling and technoeconomic analysis
- Fast (easy to execute projects that meet certain parameters)
- Potentially bypasses certain FCC and FAA regulations for work performed at NNSS
Return to Work With Us homepage.