NNSS Site Tours
The following documentation is necessary to register:
U.S. Badging Form
Foreign National Form
The following documentation is necessary for Special Interest Tours:
Special Interest Tour Request
The Nevada Field Office (NFO) provides free general interest tours of the NNSS on a monthly basis. Groups, civic or technical organizations, and private clubs may request specially arranged tours – minimum of 25 people – by calling (702) 295-0944 or (702) 295-0661.
Media members seeking a tour of the NNSS should contact the Office of Public Affairs at (702) 295-3521.
Public Tour Logistics
Reservations are required for all tours.
Space is limited and seats fill quickly, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please indicate on your paperwork with a first and second date of choice.
Most tours depart from the National Atomic Testing Museum. Tours depart at approximately 7:30 a.m. and return at 4 p.m. Please make arrangements to arrive early enough for adequate parking.
The mode of transportation provided is usually a chartered bus equipped with a restroom.
The NNSS is located 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada. Each tour usually covers about 250 miles. Tour participants may bring their own food and drinks, but lunch is available at the Bistro. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Casual clothing is recommended, and sturdy shoes are required for the rugged terrain. Shorts, capris or sandals are not permitted. Visitors to the NNSS must be at least 14 years old. Pregnant women are discouraged from participating in NNSS tours due to the long bus ride and uneven terrain.
Points of Interest on the Tour
Frenchman Flat (Atmospheric Tests at the NTS)
Nonproliferation Test and Evaluation Complex
Low-Level Radioactive Waste Management Site
T-1 Training Area
Apple II Houses (Civil Effects Tests)
Visitors are prohibited from bringing the following items:
- Cameras or tape recorders
- Binoculars or telescopes
- Cell phones
- Privately-owned laptop computer
Download a Comprehensive List of Prohibited Items
Visitors must possess valid forms of identification for tour badging:
Download a Comprehensive List of Forms of ID for Badging
2017 Public Tour Schedule
2018 Public Tour Schedule
- Tuesday - January 24, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - February 28, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - March 21, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - April 25, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - May 16, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - May 23, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - June 20, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - July 25, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - August 1, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - August 22, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - September 19, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - September 26, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - October 31, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - November 28, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - December 12, 2017 FULL
- Tuesday - January 23, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - January 30, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - February 20, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - February 27, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - March 20, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - March 27, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - April 24, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - May 22, 2018 FULL
- Tuesday - June 19, 2018
- Tuesday - July 24, 2018
- Tuesday - August 21, 2018
- Tuesday - September 18, 2018
- Tuesday - October 23, 2018
- Tuesday - November 20, 2018
- Tuesday - December 11, 2018
There is a possibility that the tour may be postponed for operational reasons. If this happens, you will be notified immediately.
If you would like to be added to the wait list, please complete the badging form and indicate which tour you wish to be added to the wait list.
How to Register
Complete the *Badging Form or the *Badging Form for Foreign Nationals and submit to:
Via email: Brenda.Carter@NNSA.doe.gov or HandorPM@nv.doe.gov.
Via fax: (702) 295-0154
U.S. Department of Energy
National Nuclear Security Administration
Nevada Field Office
Office of Public Affairs
Visit Coordination Staff
P.O. Box 98518
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8518
*We strongly recommend you complete the forms electronically and email to Brenda.Carter@NNSA.doe.gov or HandorPM@nv.doe.gov.
Please allow at least 30-45 days for a confirmation email on the tour after you have submitted your badging form. Participants who have been notified of a confirmation date will receive a tour package 7-10 days prior to the visit. The package will include the confirmation notice, itinerary, prohibited articles list, and a map (directions to the National Atomic Testing Museum departure location).
For further information contact, please call (702) 295-0944 or (702) 295-0661, or email Brenda.Carter@NNSA.doe.gov or HandorPM@nv.doe.gov.